Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Columbia
- Motorcycle riders understand the major risks associated with their bikes:
- They are dangerous. In South Carolina, there are 16 motorcycle fatalities for 10,000 registered bikes.
- They are more susceptible to accidents. Motorcycles are small, fast and often unseen by other drivers.
- Accidents often result in major injuries. The freedom of riding through the open air has its price; less structure surrounding the driver means a higher potential for catastrophic injury and death.
At the Law Offices of Robert Dodson, P.A., we look out for our fellow South Carolinians. Based in Columbia, we have litigated motorcycle accident cases throughout the state. We are experienced in the kinds of catastrophic injuries that may result from a motorcycle crash. We collect evidence and go after the negligent party to protect our clients’ rights. If you are entitled to compensation from your accident, Robert Dodson will do his best to ensure you receive it.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration offers a comprehensive report of biker crashes in 2001. The many causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Driver negligence – most motorcycle accidents involve other vehicles
- Blind spots – vehicle drivers often overlook small motorcycles
- Limited visibility – 70 percent of motorcycle accidents happen at intersections, where bikes are not visible around SUVs or buildings
- Unsafe driving – speeding, illegal passing, wild turns
- Motorcycle defects – faulty or defective parts
- Hazardous roadway conditions
- Pavement patches
- Wet leaves
- Natural debris such as branches or rocks
- Bad weather – any precipitation can endanger motorcyclists
- Alcohol or drug use
WebBikeWorld provides some information for bikers to keep themselves safe on the roads. Even though many riders drive safely, disasters can still occur. Motorcycle accidents can have devastating effects. Robert Dodson represents the victims of these incidents and holds the careless driver or manufacturer of defective parts liable for the accident. We make sure our clients’ rights are protected during the difficult road to recuperation.